A Step into Golden Days
• Upon arrival, you will be greeted and as preparation for your time-travelling into prehistoric Borneo, briefing on the Village Rules is a must before you enter the village. You will be greeted by the Chief and go through a custom Welcome Ceremony, then you walk through the suspension bridge to enter the village.
• First, you will visit the Dusun house. Here, you will witness a demonstration on the traditional way of tobacco cutting. As you exit through the back door, you will enter a hut specialized for bamboo cooking and Montoku (rice wine) processing.
• Second, we will bring you to the Rungus Longhouse. Here, you will learn how to start a fire without lighters or matches (and watch the villagers make ethnic bangles out of rattan).
• Third, you will find the Lundayeh house. Inside, be awed by a demonstration on the olden ways of producing ropes, vests, floors, walls and etc. from tree barks.
• Fourth, visit the Bajau House to watch the locals prepare Jala (local cake) and Pandan juice. Inside, you will see a myriad of colourful materials of antique ancestral objects. At one corner, there is a decorative bridal parlor for your photo-taking pleasure.
• Fifth, belonging to the headhunters’ tribe, the Murut Longhouse, awaits you as your journey reaches the ending. (Just kidding! We hereby guarantee that your head will still be attached to your body after visiting this house). You will be greeted by the Chief and go through a custom Welcome Ceremony. Later, witness a demonstration on blowpipe making before going into their house. Inside, there is a built-in Lansaran (traditional trampoline-like floor) which you may dance on after they show you how to jump for your “prize”. At a corner, witness the locals as they tattoo their bodies the old method. You can also get a temporary body tattoo the ancient way if you wish.
• Finally, you will be led to the stage where our very own staff will entertain you with cultural performances. After that, proceed to the main hall where you will be given fifteen minutes to linger around and shop at the Souvenir shop (all handmade products). You may also choose to take photos of your surroundings.
• After your wonderful tour, sumptuous meal is prepared for you at the Buffet Counter.
• Then, it is time to bid farewell to the villagers and depart into the 21st century, as we
Transfer you to your respective hotels/ drop-off points.