Cycling and Caving around Vang Vieng
From 9am to 5pm, this tour involves series of cycling on a mountain bike, hiking and exploring caves. Here are the destinations included:
1. Tham Poukham aka "Cave of the Golden Crab" - walk through the hidden corridors filled with the majestic stalagmites and stalactites, underground lakes, deep wells and chimneys up to 80m high! Hidden here is also the famous mystical-looking Blue Lagoon
2. Pha Daeng cave - legend has it that 100 years ago, a Buddhist monk living in this cave was made known for performing magic and being indestructible.
1. Nam Song river - cycle along the Nam Song river and the karst range of Vang Vieng for approximately 26km until your first destination, Tham Poukham.
2. Houay San stream - following the narrow valley of this stream leads you to the next caving destination, Pha Deng.
3. Phonxay village - situated on the banks of Nam Khouang river, visit this village before cycling back to the meeting point to head home.
End your adventure-filled day with a sunset drink by the river in Vang Vieng.
Approximately : 4 hours cycling, 1.5 hours hiking/caving