Learn how to make 3 iconic Nyonya Kuihs, or local desserts, with Li Ting and her mom in Melaka.
Welcome to my cooking class, which takes place in a 2-storey bungalow located in a peaceful residential area mostly resides by the locals. It is fully air-conditioned allowing you to cook in comfort. Our session will be fully-hands on, from making the floral design on Pineapple Tarts, to knocking out the Angku Kuih and roll palm sugar into the mochi-like Onde-Onde.
You'll get to make 3 iconic kuih, which are:
- Angku Kuih (glutinous rice dumpling with sweet mung bean filling)
- Pineapple Tart (crispy open-faced tart with pineapple topping)
- Onde-onde (Malaysian mochi with liquid Gula Melaka filling)
We will provide everything you'll need - ingredients, cooking tools and an expert instructor (my mom or myself)! Once you're done, enjoy your own creations with free flow of coffee and tea!
Start of cooking class
Meet at my home kitchen where we will start our kuih making session. You'll be guided on how to make three iconic Nyonya kuih, which are:
- Onde Onde: Green balls made from rice flour and pandan, filled with palm sugar and sprinkled with grated coconut
- Pineapple Tarts: Mini pastries filled with sweet pineapple jam
- Angku Kuih: Chinese pastry with soft sticky glutinous rice flour skin wrapped around a sweet filling in the centre
Enjoy the kuih you have made
End of cooking class
Bring home whatever you cannot finish in a container.
no 12, Jalan Datuk Palembang, Taman Datuk Palembang, Malacca, Melaka, MalaysiaHow to get there
Booking required. No walk-ins.